Knowing that I’ve added something special to a couple’s big day is so important to me! Below are some comments I have collated from previous bookers, taken from online reviews or letters/cards I have received from them. You can also read more feedback in the reviews section on my Facebook page.
James is utterly brilliant. He’s super talented, very accommodating and extremely friendly and enthusiastic. He worked really hard to make sure that the music played during our ceremony suited us and our tastes. All guests have been so complimentary about James. He added a touch of sophistication and class to the ceremony without being cliché. It was an absolute pleasure having him play at our wedding. He is truly exceptional!
– Kate and Morgan (Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire)
– Harmeet and Mitch (Quorn Grange Hotel, Leicestershire)
Could not recommend James enough! He was so accommodating with our last minute request and made our special day so perfect! Thank you so much for making our day the day it was, all our guests said how amazing you were and we couldn’t be happier.
– Holly and Josh (Rushton Hall, Northamptonshire)
James’ communication throughout was outstanding. It was so reassuring to hear on the morning he had arrived way ahead of expected arrival to set up and prepare. He also made sure to play our favourite songs whenever we were around at the drinks reception which we were so grateful for as we were so busy! James was so reliable and we had no concerns at all, you can tell how much he genuinely loves playing the piano. Thanks again James for being part of our special day!
– Charlie and Lewis (The West Mill, Derbyshire)
From the point of enquiry up to the big day, James was absolutely amazing. Such a talented and kind individual with an impressive and varied set list that was perfect for the extended drinks reception of our wedding. The music on the day was wonderful and all the guests loved it! I would definitely recommend James to anyone looking for a pianist for any occasion, and I wouldn’t hesitate to book him again in the future!
– Ella & George (Manor by the Lake, Gloucestershire)
James was absolutely fantastic, he learnt two new songs for us because they were important to us and played them like a pro! James answered all of my questions quickly over messenger and email. I wasn’t sure about walking down the aisle to piano at first but loved the music James had on his Facebook page and it was even better on the day! I am just so pleased we came across him! Thank you James!
– Stacey and Aaron (Heaton House Farm, Cheshire)
We booked James to play for our wedding breakfast and could not be happier that we did! From the moment of the first enquiry he was very professional and had great communication! James clearly has a passion for what he does and it really shows. We had so many people comment on how talented he is and how his music created the perfect atmosphere during our reception (the Chilli Peppers piece was a hit all round!). We only wish we’d booked for more parts of the day!!
– Abbie and Jordan (The West Mill, Derbyshire)
We had James to play the piano for when I walked down the aisle and we can not recommended him enough! He was amazing and so many people commented saying how lovely it was to have the piano live playing in the background!
– Maisie and Joseph (The West Mill, Derbyshire)
James is incredible and his music is simply beautiful. I could sit and listen to him play all day. He is extremely kind and is willing to help you with whatever song choices you have. I would highly recommend! I am already thinking of the next big occasion I can book him in for!
– Olivia and Lawrence (Mythe Barn, Leicestershire)
We booked James for our wedding ceremony and drinks reception and right for the start the service he delivered was incredible. James is professional and very accommodating but also a genuine lovely and friendly person. His piano playing is absolute perfection and we had so many lovely comments telling us how much people loved the music and how friendly and approachable James himself is. Our only regret is not asking James to stay and play for our wedding breakfast too. We cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for us and all of the hard work he has put in.
– Chelsea and Nick (Billesley Manor, Warwickshire)
James was incredible from first contact to follow-up after our wedding. I had a special request for James to perform the Star Wars theme as a surprise for my husband and I think it’s the only reason he started to well-up as I came down the aisle! He also performed beautiful renditions of Accidentally in Love and Africa which are songs that mean a lot to us! Thank you again James, you made our day so special!
– Naomi and Tom (Prestwold Hall, Leicestershire)
– Laura and Scott (The Farmhouse at Mackworth, Derbyshire)
We booked James to play for our wedding ceremony and he was amazing!! We had so many lovely comments from guests saying how lovely it was. I wanted a specific song to walk down the aisle to and James kindly learnt this for me. I couldn’t recommend James enough!!! He is friendly, professional and extremely talented.
– Cassie and Alex (Quorn Grange Hotel, Leicestershire)
– Jen and Jamie (The West Mill, Derbyshire)
– Ella and Harrison (Amalfi White, Derbyshire)
– Hannah and Daniel (Hotel Indigo, Stratford-upon-Avon)
– Laura and Matt (Falcon Manor, North Yorkshire)
– Ben and Steve (Kingstanding Farm, Warwickshire)
– Charlotte and Lewis (Barnsdale Hall Hotel, Rutland)
– Nicola and Alan (The Symphony Rooms, Leicester)
– Joe and Jess (Northop Hall Hotel, North Wales)
– Ellie and Stewart (St Peter’s Church & DoubleTree Hotel, Chester)
– Joe Durow (Private Party, Desford, Leicestershire)
– Jenny and Jeremy (Private Party, Willoughby-on-the-Wolds, Nottinghamshire)
Header photo: Dal Hatton.